The Starsoil 2Speed gear can be used for tilling of stony and fallow soil, consolidation of forest roads, and soil stabilisation at construction sites.
The machines popularity is expected to be derived from its wide range of functions. It is expected to feature in the agricultural and forestry technology sector. It is suitable for tractors that produce between 110 and 184 kW (150 and 250 hp) of power. It is equipped with a new traction system for higher productivity. It can till soil to a depth of 40 cm (16 in), crush stones with a minimum diameter of 30 cm (12 in), and mulch wood with a diameter of 40 cm (16 in). It is manufactured with a 2-speed gearbox.
The rotor system is activated by moving a mechanical lever in the main gearbox, which produces a reduction from approximately 1000 rpm to 540 rpm, while maintaining the speed of the tractors PTO at 1000 rpm. This allows for higher torque and therefore better processing when mulching wood (which requires a faster pace) and milling rocks and soil (which requires a slower pace). The roller has also been improved and now has a larger diameter, and a higher number of toothed rings, allowing it to penetrate the soil more easily. The roller bearing has been reinforced and built into the roller to prevent wear. The new roller scraper allows for the easier removal of soil residues, which is important when operating in wet soil.
Additional features include an integrated cooling system for the lateral parallel gear transmission and the main gearbox. The cooling function is easily activated from the tractor cab using a remote control, and the temperature can be controlled through the display in the cab. This removes the risk of the transmission overheating, especially during uninterrupted work with stones and soil. Some of the basic features of the Starsoil which remain unchanged are as follows:
- A frame covered with replaceable anti-wear plates made of Hardox.
- A patented rotor with cutting tools that have additional tungsten carbide inserts at points most subject to wear.
- Reduces energy needs due to its lightweight construction (2500 to 3500 kg / 5500 to 7700 lb).
- A hydraulically adjustable hood and compacting roller.
- An adjustable crushing bar and grill to obtain the desired degree of crushing.
- A hydraulic compacting roller (which can also be used as a guard frame) or grading blade.
- The available work widths are 175, 200, 225 and 250 cm (69, 79, 89 and 98 in).