It has 3 main improvements compared to conventional mattresses.
Reno Mattresses are used in forestry applications for road or streambed stabilisation. Reno Mattresses are units manufactured from double twisted hexagonal woven steel wire mesh 6×8 type, made of heavily galvanised wire. Reno mattresses are divided into uniformly partitioned cells by internal diaphragms positioned at 1 m (3.3 ft) lateral centres; the diaphragms are created by an upright double-mesh fold in the base panel, which improves diaphragm stability during filling operations.
Maccaferri have now tested and launched their new Reno Mattress Plus with X-Ties. It has basically 3 main improvements compared to conventional mattresses:
- The pleating of the mesh, making the partitions much more robust with the double mesh;
- The innovative and much more durable new polymer coating (Polimac), making the wire more resistant to abrasive effect of sediments carried by the flow, a higher UV resistance to high temperatures as well as a much lower embrittlement temperature;
- the X-Ties, to connect the lid firmly and securely to the bottom of the mattress. X-Ties are free standing tools, and this makes them particularly easy to install. They considerably improve the structural performance of the mattress against the flow, preventing the movement of stones.
The PoliMac coating gives high performing protection to extend the durability of the wire much beyond any other alternative. PoliMac offers better resistance to abrasion, allows chemical resistance and good performance both in cold climates (endurance to embrittlement) and in hot climates (loss of initial property under UV rays exposure). PoliMac provides 10 times more abrasion resistance, 35% more resistance to UV rays and 23% more hardness.
Reno Mattresses Plus have 3 important advantages:
- Material reduction: as with their optimized design, volumes of rockfill are significantly reduced;
- Environmental burden reduction: as a consequence, their reduced volume of material required, drastically reduces the carbon footprint, resulting in a lesser environmental impact on the surrounding environment;
- Installation time reduction: less installation time results in a lesser overall cost for the structure, bringing a lower financial effort to the surrounding communities. Source