The excavator now has machine-control-joystick functionality
This technology provides up to a 63% improvement in excavating efficiency over a standard PC210LC-11. Komatsu explains that the extra efficiency can save time and money by, minimizing the need and expense of grading dozers and grade checkers, minimizing the costs associated with over-excavating, including extra materials, fuel and time, and utilizing the time usually wasted waiting on grade checkers and over-excavation to finish jobs and potentially collect on-time or finish-early project bonuses. Komatsu state that the excavator is productive and precise enough to be a fixture on jobsites from basement and foundation pads to utility work. The added convenience of the machine-control-joystick functionality should make operators happy too. Pioneering intelligent machine control almost five years ago has given Komatsu’s network of Technology Solutions Experts (TSE) good experience to help customers maximize their intelligent machine control investment. That experience has also helped customers identify integrated solutions and services opportunities, such as:
- SmartConstruction solution services, including 3D modeling, jobsite setup, operator training
- Remote support, trouble shooting of 3D GNSS technology via included cellular modem
- Bundled block time TSE support packages, including on-site and remote/phone support
- Komatsu distributor single point-of-contact for all base machine or machine control issues
Key features of intelligent machine control technology include:
- Factory Integrated: intelligent Machine Control technology will be factory installed, integrated into the base machine, and validated to high quality standards.
- Machine Control Function Enabled Joysticks: Frequently used machine control functions are now located on the operator’s control lever for increased convenience and comfort.
- Full 3D GNSS Capabilities: It is not limited like 2D only systems, the PC210LCi-11 features full 3D capabilities, allowing it to dig to grade everywhere on the jobsite a 3D GNSS dozer can.
- Work Equipment Automation: GNSS technology is tied into machine hydraulics to allow actual automation of work equipment functions – not just the indication/manual-only operation typical of aftermarket offerings.
- Intelligent Guidance: Advanced features such as facing angle compass and minimum distance bucket control are delivered in a simple and intuitive manner, with a large 12.1” touchscreen display.
The PC210LCi-11 is covered by the Komatsu CARE® program for the first three years or 2000 hours, whichever comes first. Komatsu CARE for these models includes complimentary scheduled engine maintenance and two complimentary Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter exchanges in the first five years. Komatsu CARE lowers ownership costs, raises resale value and improves equipment uptime and availability. For full program details, refer to the Komatsu CARE reimbursement letter. Source